Your Complete Home Cleaning Checklist
Request a FREE Quote TODAY
Keeping a clean home is important for your health and well-being, but it can be tough to know where to start. If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the thought of cleaning your entire home, don’t worry—we’ve got you covered. In this blog post, we will provide you with a complete home cleaning checklist. From deep cleaning the kitchen to decluttering the bedroom, we will cover all of the bases so that you can have a clean and healthy home in no time.
Bedrooms are one area of the home that can easily become cluttered and messy. A good rule of thumb is to declutter and deep clean your bedrooms at least once a month. Here is a detailed checklist to help you get started:
- -Start by decluttering your bedroom. Get rid of any clothes, shoes, or other items that you no longer use or need. Donate or sell items that are still in good condition.
- – Vacuum your bedroom floors, including under the bed. If you have carpeting, be sure to vacuum in both directions to remove all the dirt and dust.
- – Dust all surfaces in your bedroom, including furniture, shelves, lamps, and picture frames. Use a microfiber cloth to avoid scattering dust around the room.
- – Wipe down any hard surfaces in your bedroom with a clean cloth and an all-purpose cleaner. This includes tables, dressers, nightstands, and any other non-upholstered furniture pieces.
- – Clean your windows and blinds. Dust off the sill and vacuum or wash blinds as needed.
- – Wash your bedding, curtains, and rugs. These items should be laundered at least once a month to remove dirt, dust, and other allergens
The kitchen is one of the most important rooms in your home, and it’s also one of the most difficult to keep clean. There are so many nooks and crannies that can collect dirt, dust, and grime, and it can be tough to keep on top of it all. But don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. Here’s a complete kitchen cleaning checklist that will help you keep your space sparkling clean:
- -Wipe down all surfaces, including countertops, backsplashes, cabinets, and appliances
- -Sweep and mop the floor
- -Wash dishes (by hand or in the dishwasher)
- -Clean out the fridge and freezer
- -Wipe down the inside of the microwave
- -Polish stainless steel surfaces
- -Dust light fixtures, blinds, and windowsills
Assuming you have a typical home with several bedrooms, bathrooms, a kitchen, a living room and a dining room, here is a thorough cleaning checklist to help keep everything in order. This list can be used as-is or modified to better suit your individual needs.
- -Wipe down all surfaces including counters, toilets, showers/tubs and floors
- -Clean mirrors
- -Disinfect doorknobs, light switches and faucets
- -Empty wastebaskets
- -Restock toiletries and other necessities
Your living room is the centrepiece of your home, so it’s important to keep it clean and tidy at all times. Here’s a complete checklist of everything you need to do to keep your living room looking its best:
- – Vacuum the floor and furniture regularly.
- – Dust all surfaces, including lamps, shelves, and picture frames.
- – Wipe down all hard surfaces, such as tables and chairs.
- – Clean the windows and mirrors.
- – Vacuum or clean the carpets and rugs.
- – Remove any clutter from the room.
The dining room is one of the busiest rooms in your home. From family dinners to holiday parties, this space gets a lot of use. To keep it looking its best, follow this complete cleaning checklist.
First, start by dusting all surfaces. Be sure to dust light fixtures, ceiling fans, and any art or decor on the walls. Then move on to cleaning windows and mirrors. For a streak-free shine, use a glass cleaner and lint-free cloth.
Next, wipe down all hard surfaces like tables and chairs. If you have upholstered furniture in your dining room, vacuum the fabric to remove any dust or crumbs. Finally, sweep or vacuum the floor to finish up.
If you maintain a regular cleaning schedule for your dining room, it will stay looking great year-round!
Assuming you don’t have a live-in maid or housekeeping service, cleaning your home can be a daunting task. But with our comprehensive home cleaning checklist, you can rest assured that your home will be spick and span in no time!
Below is a detailed list of everything you need to do to clean your home from top to bottom:
Start by decluttering each room. This will make the actual cleaning process much easier and faster.
Next, dust all surfaces, including ceiling fans, light fixtures, furniture, baseboards, windowsills, etc.
Vacuum all floors and carpets. Don’t forget to move the furniture so that you can vacuum under it as well!
Wipe down all hard surfaces with a suitable cleaner – this includes countertops, appliances, sinks, toilets, showers/tubs, etc.
Finally, mop all hard floors.
And there you have it! By following this simple checklist, you can be sure that your home is clean from top to bottom.
Assuming you have a laundry room in your home and not just a laundry closet, you should declutter and deep clean this room at least once a year. Start by removing everything from the shelves and washing all the surfaces. Wipe down the washer and dryer, clean out the lint trap, and sweep and mop the floor. Don’t forget to declutter as you go! Once everything is clean, put back only what you need on the shelves.
When it comes to cleaning your home, don’t forget about the outdoor spaces! Here is a checklist of things to do to keep your yard and exterior looking great:
- -Mow the lawn and trim the hedges.
- -Weed the garden beds.
- -Pull up any dead plants.
- -Sweep the walkways and patios.
- -Wash down any outdoor furniture.
- – Shine up the doorknob and knocker.
- -Wipe down the windows and screens.
We hope that you found our home cleaning checklist to be helpful! Whether you use it as is or customize it to better suit your needs, we’re confident that it will help make your next round of cleaning a breeze. Do you have any additional tips that you would add to the list? Share them with us in the comments below!