Move in House Cleaning Checklist
Request a FREE Quote TODAY
Moving into a new house is an exciting time! But it can also be a bit overwhelming. There’s so much to do and remember, from packing up all your belongings to making the move. One of the last things on your to-do list should be cleaning your new home from top to bottom. But where do you even start? Never fear! We’ve got you covered with this comprehensive move-in house cleaning checklist. From the kitchen to the bedrooms, we’ll make sure you don’t miss a spot.
Why is deep cleaning important before unpacking
Deep cleaning is important before unpacking for a few reasons. First, it will help you to get a fresh start in your new home. Second, deep cleaning will remove any dirt, dust, and grime that may have accumulated during the move. Finally, deep cleaning will prepare your home for any future guests or tenants.
Assuming you’re starting with a clean slate, here are some things you’ll want to do to get your bedrooms move-in ready:
- Wash all sheets and pillowcases in hot water.
- Vacuum and dust all surfaces, including underneath the bed and dresser.
- Wipe down mirrors and windows.
- Hang up any pictures or artwork you plan on displaying.
- Put away all clothes, shoes, and other personal items.
- Make the bed with fresh sheets.
- Store excess belongings in a storage unit or elsewhere outside of the bedroom.
The bathroom is one of the most important rooms in your house, so it’s important to keep it clean. Here is a list of things to do when you move into a new house to make sure your bathroom is clean and comfortable:
- Clean the toilet bowl, seat, and tank with a toilet brush and cleaner.
- Scrub the tub or shower with a brush or sponge and soap.
- Wipe down all surfaces in the bathroom, including the sink, countertops, cabinets, floors, and mirrors.
- Empty all drawers and cabinets, then wipe them down before putting anything back.
- Hang fresh towels and washcloths, and put out new rugs or mats.
- Place any decorative items or toiletries you want to use in the bathroom.
- Finally, take a step back and enjoy your clean bathroom!
Wipe down all surfaces in the kitchen, including the stovetop, oven, fridge, and dishwasher. If there is a backsplash, wipe that down as well. Wash any dirty dishes that may be in the sink or dishwasher. Empty all of the cabinets and drawers, wiping down the insides as you go. Donate or throw away any expired food items from the pantry and fridge. Replace all light bulbs with new ones. Vacuum and mop the floor.
When you move into a new home, the living room is often one of the first rooms you want to start with when it comes to cleaning. After all, this is the space where you’ll likely spend most of your time relaxing and entertaining guests.
Here’s a detailed checklist of everything you should do to clean your living room:
– Vacuum all carpets and rugs.
– Dust all surfaces, including floors, windowsills, furniture, and electronics.
– Wipe down all hard surfaces, such as tables and countertops.
– Clean all mirrors and glass surfaces.
– Empty any trash cans or other debris.
A dining room is a special space in the home where family and friends gather to enjoy meals together. When moving into a new home, it’s important to take some time to clean the dining room so that it’s ready for entertaining. Here is a checklist of things to do when cleaning the dining room:
-Start by dusting all surfaces, including light fixtures, ceiling fans, and artwork.
-Next, vacuum or sweep the floor and make sure to get under any furniture that can be moved.
-Wash any dirty dishes that may be in the cabinet or on the table.
-Finally, wipe down any wood furniture with a damp cloth.
A move-in house cleaning checklist should include a thorough cleaning of all outdoor spaces. This includes sweeping the porch and/or deck, washing any windows, and cleaning up any landscaping. If there is a pool or hot tub, be sure to clean that as well!
Hiring a Professional Cleaning Service
When you’re moving into a new home, the last thing you want to worry about is cleaning. Hiring a professional cleaning service to do a deep cleaning of your new home before you move in will give you peace of mind and a fresh start in your new space.
There are many things to consider when hiring a professional cleaning service. First, you’ll want to decide what type of service you need. Are you looking for someone to do a one-time deep clean, or do you need regular cleaning services? Once you know what type of service you need, you can start researching different companies.
When doing your research, be sure to read reviews and ask for referrals from friends or family. You’ll also want to make sure that the company is insured and bonded so that you’re protected in case anything goes wrong. Once you’ve found a few companies that meet your needs, it’s time to get quotes and decide which one is right for you.
Don’t forget to communicate your expectations with the company before they begin cleaning. Be sure to discuss any areas that are particularly important to you, such as the kitchen or bathrooms. If there are any special instructions, be sure to let them know so that they can provide the best possible service.
Moving into a new house is an exciting time, but it can also be overwhelming. Use this checklist to make sure you cover all your bases and have a clean, fresh start in your new home. After all, there’s nothing like coming home to a clean house after a long day of unpacking boxes!