How to Clean A Dirty Toilet: The Best Way to Clean a Toilet
Request a FREE Quote TODAY
Cleanser in hand, you take a deep breath and start using a scrubbing brush at the toilet bowl. It’s been a while since you’ve given it a good cleaning and it shows. The ring around the waterline is thick and gross, and there is who-knows-what caked on the seat. Yuck! Cleaning a toilet may not be the most fun task on your to-do list, but it is important. So, the best ways to clean a toilet.
A clean toilet not only looks better but also helps prevent the spread of germs and bacteria. Plus, it just feels better to use a clean bathroom! In this blog post, we will share with you the best ways to clean a toilet. From tips on what products to use to how to get rid of tough water stains, we’ve got you covered.
Gather your tools and materials
You will need the following supplies to clean your toilet:
- – gloves
- – a brush
- – a scrubber
- – cleaning solution
- – a bucket
- – rags or paper towels
- Put on your gloves.
- Fill the bucket with hot water and add the cleaning solution.
- Dip the brush in the bucket and scrub the inside of the toilet bowl, paying special attention to any stains or buildup.
- Use the scrubber to remove any stubborn stains.
- Flush the toilet to rinse away any cleaner and debris.
- Wipe down the outside of the toilet with a rag or paper towel. 7. Remove your gloves and wash your hands thoroughly.
Add your cleaning product to the toilet
If your cleaning product doesn’t have a trigger, simply unscrew the lid and pour it around the inside of the toilet bowl. For toilets with a trigger, hold the bottle close to the bowl and squeeze the trigger while moving it around the entire circumference of the bowl.
Cleaning Your Toilet Water Tank
If you have a dirty toilet, the first thing you need to do is clean the toilet bowl. To do this, you will need to remove the lid of the toilet and flush the toilet to wet the bowl. Then, using a toilet brush, scrub the sides of the bowl and under the rim. Using toilet bowl cleaner you may remove unnecessary stains.
Be sure to also scrub the inside of the lid and seat. Once you have scrubbed the bowl, flush again and use a toilet cleaner to clean under the rim. Finally, flush one more time and replace the lid.
Now that you have a clean bowl, it is time to clean the tank. The tank is where all of your toilet water is stored before it is flushed into the bowl. To clean your tank, you will need to turn off the water supply to your toilet by shutting off the valve behind it. Once the water is shut off, flush your toilet until all of the water has been emptied from your tank.
Once your tank is empty, take a sponge or rag and wipe down all of the surfaces inside of it, including around any valves or other components. If there is any build-up on these surfaces, use a toothbrush or other small brush to scrub it away. When everything is clean, turn on your water supply and fill up your tank again.
Clean the seat
When it comes to cleaning a dirty toilet, the seat is often one of the most overlooked areas. In reality, the seat is one of the most important parts of the toilet to keep clean. Not only is it the part of the toilet that you sit on, but it is also where a lot of germs and bacteria can accumulate.
There are a few different ways that you can clean your toilet seat. One way is to use a disinfectant wipe or spray. This will help to kill any germs or bacteria that may be on the seat. Another way to clean the seat is to use mild soap and water.
You can either scrub the seat with a brush or cloth, or you can simply wipe it down with a damp cloth. Either way, make sure that you rinse the seat off completely afterwards so that there is no soap residue left behind.
Once you have cleaned the seat, it is important to dry it off completely. This will help to prevent any water spots from forming and will also help to keep dust and dirt from settling onto the surface. You can either use a towel or an air dryer to dry off the seat.
By following these simple steps, you can easily clean your toilet seat and help to keep your bathroom clean and sanitary.
Toilet scrubbing is one of the most important, and oftentimes unpleasant, cleaning tasks in the home. But it doesn’t have to be a dreaded chore! With a little know-how and the right tools, you can quickly and easily clean even the dirtiest toilet.
Here’s how to clean a toilet bowl in just a few simple steps:
- Remove any solid waste from the toilet bowl with a toilet brush.
- Flush the toilet to wet the entire bowl surface.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of toilet cleaner around the rim of the bowl.
- Use a toilet brush to scrub the bowl, paying special attention to areas around the rim where grime tends to build up.
- Flush the toilet again to rinse away all traces of cleaner (and any remaining grime).
Scrub stubborn stains
If you’ve got tough stains in your toilet bowl, don’t despair. There are a few things you can do to get rid of them.
First, try using a toilet brush to scrub the stains. If that doesn’t work, you can try using a pumice stone. Just be sure to wet the stone first so it doesn’t scratch the bowl.
If those methods don’t work, you can always try a stronger cleaner. Just be sure to use rubber gloves and follow the instructions on the label carefully.
Clean your toilet brush
If you have a toilet brush in your bathroom, then you know how important it is to keep it clean. A toilet brush is used to scrub the bowl of your toilet and remove any dirt or grime that has built up. Over time, the bristles on your brush can become clogged with dirt and bacteria, which can lead to an unpleasant smell. If you don’t clean your brush regularly, then this bacteria can spread to other areas of your bathroom, such as your sink and countertops.
The best way to clean your toilet brush is to rinse it off after each use with hot water. You can also disinfect your brush by soaking it in a bleach solution for about five minutes. Be sure to rinse the brush thoroughly with hot water before using it again. You should also replace your brush every few months to ensure that it stays fresh and effective.
If your toilet is dirty, it’s time to give it a good cleaning! Follow these steps to clean your toilet and get it sparkling again:
- Remove everything from around the toilet. This includes rugs, toilet brush holders, and any other decorations.
- Flush the toilet to empty the bowl.
- Scrub the bowl with a toilet brush and cleaner. Be sure to get under the rim and into all the nooks and crannies.
- Clean the seat, lid, and handle with a disinfecting wipe or cleaner.
- Give the outside of the toilet a once-over with a disinfecting wipe or cleaner. Don’t forget to clean the base of the toilet too!
- Put everything back in its place and enjoy your clean toilet!
Continue your bathroom transformation
If your bathroom is in dire need of a makeover, don’t despair – you can transform it with a little elbow grease (and maybe a few new fixtures). A good place to start is by giving your toilet a deep clean. This may seem like a daunting task, but we promise it’s not as bad as it looks. Here’s our step-by-step guide to getting your toilet sparkling clean:
- Remove everything from around the toilet. This includes rugs, towels, and any other décor items.
- Give the entire toilet a once-over with a disinfecting spray or wipes. Pay special attention to the handle, seat, and bowl.
- Use a toilet brush to scrub the bowl, being sure to get under the rim.
- Flush the toilet to rinse away any residue.
- Apply a generous amount of cleaner to the outside of the toilet tank and use a cloth or sponge to wipe it down. Don’t forget to clean the handle!
- Finish up by mopping or sweeping the floor around the toilet area.
And there you have it – a clean toilet that will be the shining star of your newly transformed bathroom!